Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Freezer Cooking Day: My Results, Recipes & Some Tips

At 7:30 this morning, I embarked on my freezer cooking day. I completed all 8 recipes and clean up by 1:00. I did take a small lunch break and 3 breaks to nurse Grant. Overall,  I think that my experience was a very good one! Here is a picture of my results a list of corresponding recipes:


   
                                     

Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Beef Lasagna
Chicken Enchiladas
Taco Dip
Pizza Buns
Beef and Bean Burritos
White Lasagna
Pasta Bake


                                                                        20 Meals Total!!


Tips for a Good Freezer Cooking Day

Rearrange your freezer in advance to make room for all of your meals

Cook your meats the night before your freezer cooking day. I like to brown my chicken and hamburger in the crockpot.

Dress comfortably. Wear tennis shoes, because you will be doing a lot of walking. Dress in a cool t-shirt, because it will probably get pretty stuffy in your kitchen!

Minimize interruptions. Find someone to watch your kiddos for you while you do your cooking.

Start early in the morning. Allow plenty of time for your freezer cooking day. Remember you have to clean up your huge kitchen mess!

Rinse and reuse your dishes. I like to rinse and reuse my dishes as I go so that I have less of a mess to clean up later.

Have your ingredients out and ready. This way you won't have to run back and forth to your pantry.

Label and date your food when you are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment