Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ask Janelle: Are Coupon Clipping Services Worth The Trouble?


At recent workshops, I have had various students asking questions regaurding coupon clipping services. What is a coupon clipping service? How much does it cost? Is it worth my time? So, I'm going to share with you the pro's and con's of coupon clipping services.

What is a coupon clipping service?
Pro's of a clipping service
  • Many coupons are "regional". This means that they are only available in certain regions of the country. You can order regional coupons from a clipping service that you wouldn't otherwise get in your own newspaper.
  • You can get multiple copies of the same coupon from a clipping service without having to buy multiple newspapers.
  • You can check your store circulars, and then order coupons accordingly in preparation for sales.
Con's of a clipping service
  • There is a shipping charge on your coupon order.
  • Once ordered, coupons usually take about 3-5 days to arrive.
  • Most clipping services require a minimum order of $3.
*In my opinion, it is worth using a clipping service. I like to plan ahead, and order coupons to pair with a sale. I've scored a ton of freebies this way! Also, ordering coupons from a clipping service allows me get my hands on regional coupons that I wouldn't have otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment