Monday, March 19, 2012

DIY Frugal Floral Wall Hanging!






 











I have a confession to make...I am addicted to Pinterest! I found this Floral Wall Hanging project a couple week ago and I decided to try make this on Saturday. I hope to trial other Pinterest ideas and post them in the near future!

This was an all day project, but it was frugal, easy & rewarding in the end!

For directions on making your own Floral Wall Hanging, go here. (Thanks, It's Doable)! Although I loved the design on the original website, I was looking for something larger, so I ended up going with this larger design (Thanks, Amanda)!

Here is a break down of the cost of this project:

2x4 ft Canvas  ($18 at Hobby Lobby after 40% off coupon)
Scrapbook Paper ($3 at Hobby Lobby)
Modge Podge ($4.99 at Walmart)
Scrapbooking Glue ($3.99 at Joanns after 50% off coupon)
1 qt of Paint ($5 at Sherwin Williams after 30% off coupon)

This project cost me about $35 in the end...Not too bad for an original piece of art! I've seen art this size in the stores for $120-$200!

*Please note: the directions on the original website call for a hot glue gun... I used scrapbooking glue, and it worked great!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! I bet it looks so cute in your beautiful house!

    ReplyDelete